Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hope...not as in Bob

So what do you do when you’re waiting for the guy to ask or the girl to say yes? How often do you walk to the mailbox looking for the school acceptance packet or sign on to your on-line bank-page to see if the check was deposited? Waiting for the stick you pee on to turn blue or the sound of the car pulling in the driveway, when the one you love is overdue, turn’s minutes into hours. What do you do when one of the most respected educators you know tells you your writing “humbles” them and that your book should be read by millions? What do you do?

You hope.

The definition which gives oxygen to the breath-holder: “Hope is the emotional state which promotes the belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life.”

I am hoping because I believe. I am hoping because I do not want to think all of the time I have spent is wasted. I am hoping because to do otherwise would negate every dream I’ve ever had and I am hoping because yet another person has told me, convinced me,  that what I have created has worth. I know that but sometimes…it’s just so hard.

So hope becomes the mist of work. And so it goes.

3 comments:

lisahgolden said...

Wry, I hope you hear something soon. I am not a patient person so I don't know how I would cope with this particular kind of waiting.

It sounds to me as though you have many solid reasons to hope.

Carolynnwith2Ns said...

Lisa, thanks for stopping by.
Sometimes I feel like folks are blowing smoke up my skirt and sometimes I believe.
Maybe...just maybe...they respect me enough to tell me the truth.

lisahgolden said...

That's so true. I'd rather have the truth. No matter how unhappy it makes me in the beginning, it's always best in the long run.

I'm holding on to hope for you. What I've seen of your writing makes that pretty easy actually.