Monday, March 14, 2011

GOD TIPPED HIS HAT

My husband called, God just ‘winked’ at him.

As an independent contractor, and a member of a veterans association, my husband often volunteers his skills and time for the organization. He is not a veteran but his father was and because he is the child of a vet he was able to join.

My husband donated his labor to build new cabinets behind the bar...lord knows he’s pounded down more than his share at that watering hole...anyway, today as he and some other volunteer members installed the beautiful wall of cabinets he built something amazing happened.
As they removed the old cabinets and were cleaning up the ’stuff ’ that falls behind and under such places a newspaper clipping was found. It was his father’s obituary. He passed away years ago.

I believe in the mystery of such things. My father-in-law was saying hello and thanks for the job well done. God had tipped his hat in greeting. What a great way to start the day.

No comments: