Sunday, July 8, 2012

It's dark in here but hopeful


I have come to the decision that I am nothing more than a bobbysoxer waiting for the phone to ring.
Sitting on pile of dad’s shoes in hall closet, phone on lap waiting… “Oh mom, I just know the captain of the football team is going to call and ask me out.”

Sitting on stairs, staring at phone, “I’m not hungry mom. I’ll just wait here by the phone because I know he’s going to call soon.”

Running in from outside, “Moooooom, did he call?”
Pick up phone, listen for dial-tone. No it’s not dead. Maybe he tried to call when I picked it up to see if it was working and he got a busy signal. Pick up phone again and listen.

In bed, pillow wet, “why doesn’t he call?”
Fuck him. Who the hell does he think he is anyway; to toy with my heart this way? I knew I shouldn’t have gone all the way but, well…

Sitting on floor in hall closet, phone on lap waiting… “Oh mom, dad’s shoes are upstairs, they were way to lumpy. I’m more comfortable now…waiting…

Actually I'm not comfortable at all in the dark, waiting or otherwise.

No comments: