Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday, monday...dreaming

Honeymooners are home and my grand-dogger is back to his parents/owners.

For a week Hitch and I, he’s a miniature dachshund and I’m a medium matron, have dorm-roomed together in the guest bedroom. The bed in the master is way too high for a little guy who likes to fly from bed to floor and back again, (he’d hurt his back). So we bunked together - what we do for our kids, what we do for our kids’ dogs. I read, watched a little TV and Hitch burrowed under the covers, sort of like the sleeping arrangements of long/marrieds, sort of like the sleeping arrangements of my marriage, except that my husband falls asleep on the couch during Wheel of Fortune and I have to wake him to go to bed. He doesn’t burrow, he snores.

Last night we picked the kids up at the airport and heard about their honeymoon/cruise. I’ve never been on a cruise but I went to Vermont for a long weekend last year. Would have gone for a week but I lost my full-time status at work, (long sad, unfair tale I won’t go into now, do I sound bitter); which brings to mind what’s going on this Monday morning; a job interview.

Do I want to change jobs; change is good so I’m told? No. The only change I’d like to make is quit my 9 to 5 and write full-time, (Pipe dream.)

Ya know...regarding my past, almost every dream I’ve had has come true. Sometimes what I wanted, wasn’t what I got, and it always worked out for the best. So as I dress for success, actually wearing earrings, (I have to, or the holes will close), I’m thinking of that great melodious philosopher of all time, the one person who, with a few simple words of guidance shines the light of destiny on our futures, Doris May Ann Kappelhoff, Que Sera, Sera, what will be will be.

So as I leave for my interview, five minutes down the road, I will be singing that little tune and thinking that whatever happens, happens and once it’s over, it's over and I have a mountain of laundry to attend to and back to work tomorrow.

Que, Sera, Sera. Thanks Ms. Day, I needed that.

Just got back from my interview, it went extremely well. NOW, I'm excited.

No comments: