Thursday, January 5, 2012

PURPOSE

The new year, a time of cliché’s, out with the old, in with the new, resolutions made, resolutions broken.

All I know is that another year is gone and there are no guarantees I’ll see tomorrow, let alone the next new year…so…here’s my resolution.

LIVE EACH DAY WITH PURPOSE

A character in my second book teeters on the edge of oblivion every moment of his ‘awake’ life. He speaks about his future as if there are no guarentees to living, and decides what we have left should be lived, not just smelling roses, but with purpose. So I’m going to follow his advice.

The first book I wrote, about the capacity WE ALL have to change, flipped my life.

In it, the main character, steps away from her doldrum-life because even though it’s a shit-existence, she clings to it because it is familiar. In a flash of insight she bravely ventures among strangers. When I finished that one I spoke so often about change that I thought it was time I lived up to the words I had written. I lost 92 lbs. WOW I’m normal, whatever the hell that is.

So, maybe the resolution this year should be to practice that of which I write. Sounds good, I think I’ll try it. Thank God I don’t write horror or true crime.

1 comment:

Brett Minor said...

Great advice. More people should embrace their life and LIVE it. Not just exist through it.